To celebrate National Women in Engineering Day on 23 June, Engineering Innovation Network South West (EIN-SW) is teaming up with Wiltshire Enterprise and NT CADCAM, one of the UK’s most established resellers of the Cad design software SolidWorks to launch a Dragon’s Den style competition exclusively for women.
The challenge goes out to all budding entrepreneurial women with commercial thinking to submit their most creative ideas to a prestigious panel of judges.
Outline of the competition
- EIN-SW, NT CADCAM and Wiltshire Enterprise are looking for ideas which could be manufactured, are tangible and commercial.
- The ideas do not need to be at the design or prototype stage and need only to be submitted as a proposal.
- The competition welcomes the submission of photos or video links to support a prototype.
- Each idea will be considered on its own merit, not by how advanced it has progressed.
- Judges welcome the submission of more than one idea.
1) Not sure if your idea is good enough? Call Sheena for a chat on 01249 466800 ex: 6709
2) Don’t have a drawing or prototype? You don’t need one, all you need to do is complete the form and write a short outline.
3) What do you need to include in your proposal? You need to answer the following questions: Why your idea is needed? and who you think is going to buy it?
4) How do you protect your ‘Bright Idea’? The judging panel will all sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) before ideas are shared with them.
5) How do you submit an entry? Email your ‘Bright Idea’ to EINSW@wiltshire.ac.uk or send a hard copy to: Sheena Awdry, EIN-SW, Wiltshire College, Lackham, Lacock, Chippenham, Wiltshire, SN15 2NY Don’t forget to include your name, address, email and telephone/ mobile number with your entry.
COMPETITION DEADLINE: Thursday July 31 2014
The most viable entries will be shortlisted in early August. The successful entries will be contacted during August to discuss the support opportunities to prepare their ‘Bright Idea’ for a showcase event in October when they will present to a prestigious panel of experts and potential investors who could support the product to a commercial reality.