Natalie Sherman, owner of Trowbridge-based social media consultancy, Naturally Social, gives us her advice on building a solid social media strategy for the year ahead.
1. Create Video – all social media channels are placing bigger emphasis on video so think about how you can integrate it in to your content.
2. See social as a customer service channel – outstanding customer service should be a key focus for any business. Social media is one of the best places you can deliver on that. No matter if you’re B2B or B2C.
3. Don’t over schedule – whilst automation software sells the ideal of saving you time, be mindful that this can often be at the sacrifice of genuine engagement, real time communication and creativity (all the things that will help you stand out)
4. Engage – Social media can’t be a tick the box exercise. You have to invest time to listen and respond.
5. Have a strategy – So many businesses set off on their social media journey without a strategy and they can often end up frustrated and lost. Having a strategy will help you to see where you want to get to and will map out how you’re going to get there.
6. Be creative – With so much content online you have to work hard at making your content pop. Use new features and adopt new tools quicker than your competitors in order to succeed.
7. Invest in training – even if your youngest staff members are responsible. Using any platform in you personal life is different to using it for a business and as the MD/CEO or founder it’s important you understand what makes good social and how to hold staff or freelancers accountable.
8. Factor in a budget for paid adverts – I don’t believe paid is an absolute necessity of every strategy but if you want to achieve your goals quicker then it’s part of the winning formula
9. Consider partnerships – influencer marketing has been a buzz word this year but it highlights the effectiveness of tapping in to other people’s communities.
10. Promote your channels – your social media channels are as important as your website. Actively tell people where they can find you.
Follow Naturally Social on Twitter or visit them online at: www.naturallysocial.co.uk