The Muddy Stilettos Awards 2022 concluded this week (21st of June), the culmination of six weeks of cheer-leading and voting for the most brilliant local businesses across 28 counties, in partnership with national sponsor Healthily.
This year, 75,000 businesses nominated and 765,000 votes were cast.
Founded in 2011 by journalist Hero Brown (Independent on Sunday, The Observer, Red, Marie Claire and Elle) to find out the fun things to do in Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire, Muddy Stilettos is now the ultimate ‘urban guide to the countryside’ for women living outside London.
The Muddy Awards are free for all businesses to take part in and are voted for by Muddy readers rather than editors.
Among this year’s winners was The Old Bell Hotel in Malmesbury, which was awarded ‘Best Hotel in Wiltshire 2022.’
The hotel – which has also recently opened its new outdoor Tyger Bar – features high design interiors, quirky treasures and refurbished unique bedrooms, all of which have been created over the past year by Creative Director Kim Hanks, turning the hotel into a popular destination.
Owners Kim and Whit Hanks, said, “The fact that ‘Best Hotel in Wiltshire 2022’ has been awarded to us just one year from our re-opening means so much to us. We would like to thank everyone who voted and look forward to welcoming you all in our new Tyger Bar soon.”
The Wiltshire winners of the Muddy Stilettos Awards 2022 were:
- ART SPACE: Fisherton Mill (Salisbury)
- BAR: The Eternal Optimist (Swindon)
- BEAUTY SALON: Park Lane Beauty (Chippenham)
- BOOKSHOP: Bert’s Books (Swindon)
- BRIDAL STORE: Trousseaux Bridal (Swindon)
- BOUTIQUE STAY: The Methuen Arms (Corsham)
- CAFÉ: The Little Gem (Royal Wootton Bassett)
- CHILDREN’S BUSINESS: Stretches & Strokes (Swindon)
- DAY SPA: Vitality Day Spa (Bradford on Avon)
- DESTINATION PUB: The Langley Tap (Langley Burrell)
- FAMILY ATTRACTION: The Hope Nature Centre (Southwick)
- FARM SHOP/DELI: Hartley Farm (Winsley)
- FITNESS INSTRUCTOR: Angie Bell PT (Warminster)
- FLORIST: Theodora’s Flowers (Corsham)
- HAIR SALON: Gallery Hair and Nails (Aldbourne)
- HOTEL: The Old Bell (Malmesbury)
- JEWELLER: Hannah Brown Jewellery (Swindon)
- LIFESTYLE STORE: Strawberry Blue (Bradford on Avon)
- LOCAL PRODUCER (FOOD/DRINK): Wild Rye Sourdough (Trowbridge)
- NEW LIFESTYLE START-UP: Little Grazey (Swindon)
- PHOTOGRAPHER: Amber Louise Photography (Trowbridge)
- RESTAURANT: Harp & Crown (Gastard)
- SUSTAINABLE BUSINESS: Undressed (Trowbridge)
- THEATRE/ARTS VENUE: The Pound Arts Centre (Corsham)
- WEDDING VENUE: Wellington Barn (Calne)
- WOMEN’S FASHION STORE: Kapada Vintage (Swindon)
- YOGA/PILATES STUDIO: Precision Pilates Studio (Corsham)
Pictured above: The Old Bell Hotel’s newly opened outdoor Tyger Bar