Leading work programme provider TBG Learning, based at Minton Place on Station Road, Swindon is recruiting a customer service and business administration assessor. This is a new role created within the organisation. Please find below the job specification.
If the role is of interest please contact James Manners, business manager of TBG Learning Swindon by emailing: email@example.com Please send a copy of your CV on application.
Job Title: Assessor (Customer Service & Business Administration)
Reports to: Business Manager
Closing date: 20 February 2015
In this role you will be responsible for maximising achievement of learners through teaching, learning and assessment activities, ensuring all qualifications delivered meet both the funding agency and the company standards. You will be expected to support learners through full Apprenticeship programmes with a strong emphasis on high quality teaching, coaching and development. You will be responsible for ensuring learner and employer needs and expectations are met.
What you’ll be doing:
- Undertaking start up visits in-line with agreed procedures and ensure learners are live on database.
- Working with an average caseload of 40 in-funding learners.
- Completing start up paperwork, inductions, initial assessments and all documentation in line with company requirements and timescales.
- Undertaking assessment and review in line with agreed and documented standards, system and strategy.
- Identifying individual learning requirements and devising delivery approaches and solutions to deliver leaning.
- Ensuring personal achievement rates are timely and reflect company targets.
- Implementing any improvements identified as a result of performance reviews and IV process.
- Ensuring all candidates allocated are visited regularly as per their agreed programmes and funding contract requirements.
- For those assessors who hold D34/V1 or equivalent you may be required to conduct internal verification activities.
- Monitoring learner’s progression and ensure assessment is completed to enable learners to meet achievement targets for all parts of their programme on time.
- Maintaining learner records accurately – both paper based and electronic in accordance with SFA/Prime contractual and Acorn Training Consultant’s Quality Assurance procedures.
- Carrying out Health & Safety Risk Assessments and re-audits and ensuring appropriate H&S documentation has been completed for all learners.
- Provide relevant assistance to learners with additional support requirements and maintain candidate records as appropriate.
- Ensuring all requests for internal verification activity is met promptly.
- Promote progression of learners to more advanced qualifications and towards their longer term aspirations.
- Expand ‘repeat business’ through existing employer base while generating new opportunities for business growth.
- Attend and contribute to meetings and training as required.
- Monitoring caseload risk to ensure learners are progressing in a timely manners and remain within their funding period.
- Carry out other duties as requested by the Business Manager/Team Leader.
- Participate in any staff review/performance management processes involving the identifying and meeting of training needs for self and others.
- Evidence own progress and achievement using CPD.
- Take appropriate responsibility to ensure the health and safety of self and others
- Advance and integrate equality and diversity throughout all activities.
- Undertake any other tasks and responsibilities appropriate to the level of this post.
- Comply with Rehab Group/ATC policies and procedures at all times.
What you’ll need to have:
- Hold an Assessment Qualification A1 or TAQA Level 3 Award.
- Functional skills at Level 2 in English and Maths or GCSE English Language and Maths at Grade C.
- Hold an IT qualification or Functional Skills level 2 ICT.
- Experience of delivering Functional Skills in a work based context.
- Competence to assess on a number of disciplines including Customer Service and Business Administration.
- Proven experience of WBL assessment (desirable).
- Able to meet and exceed retention and achievement targets for qualifications and frameworks.
- The ability to maintain learner caseload in line with budget and business development targets.
- Must be able to work competently with the minimum of supervision.
- Good time management skills with the ability to work towards and meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate and motivate self and others in challenging surroundings.
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written.
- High standard of customer care.
- Good organisational and administration skills
This role will involve travel across throughout the South West region however when required travel throughout England may be required. Therefore you should have access to your own transport and have a current full driving licence and business insurance.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all participants and expects all staff to share and promote this commitment. As this position may involve handling sensitive data relating to, or working with children and/or vulnerable adults, the successful candidate will be subject to a Disclosure check through the confidential process administered by the Criminal Records Bureau.
You will be expected to take responsibility for your own professional development and participate in relevant internal and external training/activities.