Take a leap for people in poverty and make the extra day count this leap year. Trowbridge based Business against Poverty is encouraging businesses and charity members to take part in a fundraiser on Monday 29 February.
Business against Poverty is a community of the registered charity People against Poverty, supporting people facing challenging situations, both at home and abroad with projects currently in Wiltshire, Romania, Nepal and Haiti.
This leap year challenge your team to become more engaged with one another and raise funds for a great cause at the same time. What you choose to do is up to you, whether it’s as simple as a non-uniform day, a team bake-off or cycling challenge.
As a guide every £22 raised could:
• Give a monthly food bag £9
• Provide clothing, shoes or school books £5
• Pay for the children to attend summer camp £2
• Help with medical expenses £1
• £1 put aside for special birthday celebrations for children
• £1 administration in Romania
• Pay for the canteen £1
• £2 is put aside for a special reserve fund for the charity’s Bridging the Gap project, helping local people in crisis with food and everyday essentials.
The Business Exchange is proud to be platinum sponsors of the charity and its local media partner.
Contact campaign organiser Immi Corry to find out how you can be involved: email@example.com call 01225 718920 or click here to see the web page for more details.
To find out more about Business against Poverty and the membership options available visit: www.businessagainstpoverty.com