Understanding how to navigate the NHS, being able to write a powerful funding bid and protecting your Intellectual Property – are all key elements for the growth of health and life sciences businesses.
Now, thanks to a new series of masterclasses delivered by SETsquared and funded by the Porton Science Park Business Hub with European Regional Development Funds, health and life sciences businesses in Swindon and Wiltshire will soon be able to access training and expertise in these areas and much more for free.
The masterclasses will be delivered as a mix of online and face-to-face sessions at Porton Science Park, Porton Down, Salisbury.
The three and four-hour masterclasses will cover the following topics:
- Understand how to navigate the NHS ecosystem
- Grant funding – write a powerful grant bid
- Intellectual Property – build your IP strategy
- Social Value – learn how to design a high-impact response to Government tenders
- Sustainability Policies – create a sustainability policy for your business
- Becoming tender ready – create a strategy to build business with the public sector
- Impact Leadership – new perspectives, knowledge, and tools to grow your leadership skills and capabilities
The training will be delivered by mentors from SETsquared, all of whom have a high level of expertise and passion for the health sector. SETsquared is the enterprise collaboration between six research-intensive universities Bath, Bristol, Cardiff, Exeter, Southampton, and Surrey. It has already provided high-quality training to over 90 businesses in the Swindon and Wiltshire region.
Emma Carpenter, Senior Development Officer, Economy and Regeneration at Wiltshire Council, said, “Health and life sciences are core economic sectors in Swindon and Wiltshire. To ensure that they continue to grow and thrive, we want to ensure that the right business support is in place. Driven by our long-term strategy to become a world-class cluster, Porton Science Park is creating a thriving hub for the sector and is, therefore, the ideal base to deliver this training. We urge businesses in this sector and region to get involved and benefit from this training as well as open up opportunities for collaboration and growth across the sector.”
The masterclasses are taking place across February and March; you can find out more and register here: https://www.setsquared.co.uk/programme/porton-down-masterclasses