The South West Expo held at STEAM Museum in Swindon each year is one of the South West’s largest one-day business events. The show now in its 8th year was due to be held on 9th July but was postponed due to Covid restrictions. Responding to the new guidelines set by Government and Public Health England, organisers of the show, Great British Expos, have announced a new date for this year, Tuesday 1st December.
There will be a number of measures implemented as part of the day to keep exhibitors and delegates safe, these include:
- If any delegate has been feeling unwell, we would advise seeking medical advice and avoid attending an expo until you are fully recovered.
- We will be introducing an anti-bacterial hand sanitiser area before entrance is permitted to the registration desk / main expo hall. We will ask all guests and exhibitors to wash hands upon entrance and exit of the main expo hall.
- All exhibitors will be provided with their own anti-bacterial hand sanitisers to be used throughout the day.
- We would advise against all handshakes, hugging and kissing at the expos.
- We will have alternatives to the speed networking sessions.
- We will not be handing out delegate bags.
- We would encourage business cards to be placed in bowls and not handed over to exhibitors directly.
- We will be providing allocated time slots for delegates to arrive at the event (delegates must pre-book).
- Free masks will be provided for every guest as they arrive.
- Workshops / Keynote Rooms will be spaced out for social distancing.
- Café Seating Area will be restricted due to social distancing.
- Exhibitors will be allocated more space and will be given a meter’s distance between them and delegates.
Alec Jones-Hall, Director of Great British Expos said, “Attending the South West Expo gives SMEs a huge advantage post Covid-19. Business owners will get the opportunity to network with 1000+ other SMEs who will be attending the business expo and using it as a platform to make new connections, meet new suppliers, become a new supplier, get inspired and motivated by our incredible keynote speakers.”
Over 80 exhibitors are planned for the day including interactive workshops, networking opportunities, digital classrooms (teaching sessions on how to use digital platforms to grow and expand your business), keynote speakers and and Ask the Expert Panel to tackle some of the main issues companies face in 2020.
The South West Expo is aimed at businesses at all stages of their business journey from start-up to scale-up. Last year a visitor attended, network and made a significant connection which resulted in £98,000 of new business.
To find out more and to book visit: www.greatbritishexpos.co.uk/southwest-expo-registration/ If you have any questions or suggestions contact the Expo team on 0843 289 4634 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pictured above: Alec Jones-Hall, Director of Great British Expos