Read BNI (West Swindon) passed £1,104,837 worth of business between its members this year.
The achievement means the West Swindon chapter of the global networking organisation, BNI, has not only exceeded its annual target but has grown by over 25 per cent year on year over the past two years.
Read BNI’s membership comprises 35 high achieving business leaders in Swindon from diverse sectors. They include:
- Francis George of Francis George Solicitor Advocate, which recently donated £3,000 to The Prospect Hospice and appeared in the Raconteeur
- Sara Tye, founder and managing director of dynamic public relations agency, redheadPR and who recently appeared on the telegraph.co.uk home page
- Mark Noble, Chapter President and managing director of Castles Residential Sales & Lettings, a company that has doubled in size since 2002
- Jeremy Morcumb, owner of Mortgage Advice Bureau Swindon, which grew by 24 per cent year on year in 201
- Sam Binstead, chartered financial planner at Chilvester Financial
- Bart Janaszek, director of operations at Digital Trading Creative
Speaking of Read BNI’s successful year, Mark Noble said: “This is a great achievement for our chapter. For 35 people to refer over one million pounds worth of business between themselves is testament to the value of great networking in general and Swindon’s thriving business community in particular. We now want to build on this figure in 2017 and welcome new members from other successful businesses in the area.”
BNI is a business and professional networking organisation whose primary purpose is to exchange quality business referrals. It’s the most successful organisation of its type in the world today with 6,523 chapters worldwide. In 2012, BNI members gave 7.1 million referrals, leading to business worth £2.4 billion.
In the UK and Ireland alone, there are 587 BNI Chapters. It total, they gave 683,823 referrals last year, leading to £304 million worth of business. BNI members, on average, increase their business by 20 per cent in their first year.
Read BNI holds its meetings every Wednesday at Campanile Hotel, Delta Business Park, Great Western Way, Swindon SN5 7XG. They run from 7.00 am to 9.00 am with open networking before the start.
Pictured above: The Read BNI Chapter