Digital innovators in Swindon and Wiltshire are being called upon to help deploy technology to assist vulnerable people isolated by Coronavirus.
NHSX, the digital transformation arm of the NHS is calling on all innovators who can support the elderly, vulnerable and self-isolating during COVID-19 to apply for government funding of up to £25,000 to test their solution.
Solutions are needed in three key areas:
Remote Social Care
- Finding healthy and qualified carers who can provide support for those in need
- Managing and delivering care in care homes
- Delivering domiciliary care and technology in the home
Optimising Staffing in Care and Volunteering Sectors
- Recruiting, training and certifying of doctors and nurses and professional carers
- Volunteering – recruiting and triaging volunteers into clinical and non-clinical workers
- Projecting demand for health and care workers across the country to improve deployment and management of resources
- Tackling data gaps in the care sector to understand the financial sustainability and needs of care businesses
- Discovering and delivering mental health services
- Accessing relevant and inclusive peer 2 peer communities
- Supporting self-management of mental health and wellbeing
- Facilitating employee wellbeing
Matthew Gould, Chief Executive of NHSX, said, “Tech can play an important role in helping the country deal with the challenges created by coronavirus. This competition is focused on the problems created by isolation, which lend themselves to digital solutions.
“It will allow NHSX to accelerate the development of those solutions, so within weeks they can help those in isolation suffering from loneliness, mental health issues and other problems.”
Companies interested will be asked to complete an expression of interest form and an interview. The selected companies will receive government funding of up to £25,000 to develop or test their COVID-19 solution. Following the testing period, the NHS and its partners will consider the best route for further development in order for them to best benefit people during the COVID-19 emergency.
Applications close on Monday 31st March 2020. To find out more and to apply visit: https://techforce19.uk