Military spouses and partners can take their first steps towards running their own businesses with a series of FREE events across Wiltshire with the first on April 15 in Warminster.
Nine workshops will be held from mid-April to September close to the county’s military communities in Warminster, Ludgershall, Tidworth, Bulford and Royal Wootton Bassett, offering help, advice and inspiration to turn a spark of an idea into a viable business. Military spouses already running their own businesses will pass on tips and support.
Kate Forrest from The Enterprise Network said: “The informal coffee morning-style events would suit someone spotting a business opportunity, looking to earn money from a hobby or creative talent, or thinking of resurrecting their career by going self-employed.”
The ‘Be Your Own Boss’ events are funded by Wiltshire Council through The Enterprise Network, which supports start-up and growing micro-businesses across Swindon and Wiltshire. The events will be run by Wiltshire Business Support Service (full listings below).
Jane Scott, leader of Wiltshire Council, said: “We’re proud to be a military county and we recognise the economic value of having service personnel living and working in Wiltshire. These events will provide an excellent springboard to help inspire service leavers and partners of military personnel to launch their own business ideas with expert support and advice.”
While the events are particularly suited to military spouses and partners and include free childcare, coffee and cake, anyone interested in taking a business idea further is welcome.
The free ‘Be Your Own Boss’ events are happening at:
· Warminster Community Centre April 15 9.30-12.30
· Ludgershall Castledown Enterprise Centre April 22 9.30-12.30
· Tidworth Garrison Theatre May 7 9.30-12.30
· Tidworth Leisure Centre June 17 9.30-12.30
· Bulford Beeches Community Centre June 24 9.30-12.30
· Tidworth Garrison Theatre July 8 9.30-12.30
· Warminster Community Centre July 15 9.30-12.30
· Royal Wootton Bassett Manor House Enterprise Centre July 17 9.30-12.30
· Tidworth Leisure Centre Sept 23 9.30-12.30
To book a free place, visit www.theenterprisenetwork.co.uk/civvystreet or for further information phone 01225 402096 or email: email@example.com