Devizes-based Cardwave gives us their expert insight into the risks of not securing your data and provides a free guide entitled ‘Information Security Solutions Made Simple’.
Your company’s security is an ongoing battle, loaded with new challenges as technology changes. No company is immune to being breached, regardless of the superiority of their security architecture.
Businesses face a range of risks, including, but not limited to:
- Rogue employees stealing hardware or data to gain competitive advantage, selling on to criminals or for extortion.
- Negligent employees sending incorrect data, losing hardware or falling victim to phishing attacks.
- Poor IT controls.
- Data breaches as a result of outside providers with inadequate security.
- Backdoor intrusion into the business through employees social networking accounts.
- Employees accessing company data through their own smart phones or tablets.
- Loss of unencrypted devices with sensitive data saved getting into the wrong hands.
Companies must ensure security technologies and controls are in place to protect critical systems, customer information, and confidential data from being stolen on or offsite. Focussing on compliance alone is not enough, companies must also address their corporate culture, including employee attitudes about security, changing the way employees think about company information and their role in protecting it.
Despite the UK’s vote to leave the European Union, it is anticipated that the UK will still adopt the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which will impose much stricter data protection penalties than the current Data Protection Act (DPA).
Cardwave is working with Higos insurance brokers to help businesses understand the importance of taking action now in terms of their business information security, which in turn may help to reduce insurance premiums. Cardwave has produced a free guide for businesses: ‘Information Security Solutions Made Simple’ which contains a collection of information and resources to not only inform businesses of the risks of inadequate information security, but also offer some potential solutions.
The brochure covers areas where business data might be at risk and the consequences, as well as a security checklist to highlight areas for improvement. Additional documents can be downloaded, including example templates for key policies, an information security questionnaire for employees, and essential information for hardware and software solutions.
Download the Information Security Solutions made Simple guide by clicking here