Businesses of Chippenham and the nearby area are starting to jostle for a place as entries are now open for the Chippenham Business Awards 2019. Chippenham BID and Awdry Bailey & Douglas Solicitors are inviting entries from businesses within five miles of SN15 3HU across a range of categories at the increasingly prestigious local awards ceremony.
The Chippenham Business Awards is entering its third year in its current format, and for the first time, every sponsorship package has been snapped up by a range of local businesses. Chippenham BID Manager Kathryn Crosweller said, “The number of sponsors signed up for the 2019 Business Awards reflects the growing reputation of this event. We are looking forward to the most challenging year of entries yet, with businesses of all sizes and from all industries invited to vie for the winning entry.”
The award categories are:
- Independent Business of the Year, sponsored by Strakers Estate Agents
- Small Business of the Year, sponsored by 24-7 Staffing
- Best Place to Work Award, sponsored by Nettl
- Hotel, Restaurant or Café of the Year, sponsored by Hughes and Hughes Estate Agents
- Charitable Business of the Year, sponsored by Avagio IT
- Green Award, sponsored by Good Energy
- Customer Service Award, sponsored by HPH Ltd
- Apprentice of the Year, sponsored by Wiltshire College
- Lifetime Achievement Award, sponsored by Chippenham Chamber of Commerce and Inspire
- Chippenham Business of the Year – the winners’ winner sponsored by Awdry, Bailey and Douglas
Entry is made through the dedicated Chippenham Business Awards website, where a description of each category can also be found, and it is free to enter. Businesses are able to enter as many categories as apply to their business, and the organisers suggest giving clear and concise examples to support application. As the entry form is an online form and progress can’t be saved, those applying can copy and paste the questions into a word processing application, so they can work on an entry at their leisure.
Tom Paget of Awdry, Bailey & Douglas said, “We know that Chippenham is a great place to do business and every year we are impressed by the applications received for these awards, but this year we would like to see even more. If you’ve not entered before, now is the time! If you have a great business with fantastic people, don’t be afraid to shout about it! This is a brilliant way to promote your business and to be recognised for what you do. There is nothing to lose by entering, so go to the website and start your application now!”
Entering the Chippenham Business Awards is not only a chance to reflect on the progress a business has made, but the entry itself often gives businesses ideas for marketing their company or products. Previous applicants have said that they asked their customers for feedback to help them fill in their entry and this led to motivating and rewarding responses.
The deadline for entry is 14th December 2018. To find out more about the Chippenham Business Awards 2019 or to apply, visit: www.chippenhambusinessawards.co.uk