The British Heart Foundation will benefit this month from Cardwave’s £100 charity donation. October’s choice was made by Emma Charlton, marketing and communications manager for Cardwave. Emma said: “Every day 190 people die of a heart attack in the UK. A couple of years ago my father suffered a major heart attack and I know that as part of his recuperation he was provided with key information supplied through the British Heart Foundation.”
The British Heart Foundation is the UK’s number one heart charity and through 50 years of funding cutting edge research they have already made a big difference to people’s lives. They are at the forefront of the fight against heart diseases through research, prevention and care and help millions of people every year with information about heart disease so the UK public are better informed and campaign to make a difference.
- £10 will pay for all the test-tubes, glassware, pipette tips and gloves a busy team of scientists will use in a day.
- If you give £15 a month for a year, you could help fund a full day’s BHF Heart Nursing Care. In this time a Heart Nurse could care for up to six patients to help them manage their condition and prevent further hospital re-admissions.
- £30 pays for a Heartstart schools training pack which provides teachers with a specialised Emergency Life Support (ELS) skills package to teach children what to do in a life-threatening emergency.
- If you raise £140 you could help fund a cardiac nurse working on the Heart Helpline for a day. Our nurses provide vital information and support to heart patients, carers and families, helping them better manage and understand their conditions.
- If you raise £200 you could help fund one of our young scientists for a whole day. We currently provide the salaries for around 500 post-doctoral scientists who work in research teams right across the UK on projects to better understand how to diagnose, prevent, treat and cure heart disease.
Find out more at https://www.bhf.org.uk
Pictured above: Emma Charlton, marketing and communications manager at Cardwave