A poll conducted by exec-appointments.com has revealed the national top 100 entrepreneurs of 2014. Based on recent research the list includes business leaders from the world of fashion, retail, IT, property, aviation, construction and more.
As well as revealing who the number one entrepreneur of 2014 was, the poll also gives some insight into the state of the business environment as we head into 2015.
Occupying the number one spot is none other than former Spice Girl Victoria Beckham. With 100 employees working for her, she turned over an impressive £30 million in 2014, a 2900% rise from five years ago.
The research also revealed that the wealthiest entrepreneur is here in Wiltshire. Dr James Dyson with a net worth of an estimated £3300 million.
Below are some other interesting statistics pulled out from the research:
- 11 of the top businesses were online
- The youngest entrepreneur on the list was Chris Edwards JR, founder of “Poundworld”.
- The average wealth of the entrepreneurs on the list is £254.16 million.
- The South East is the region with the highest percentage of entrepreneurs. 32% of those on the list operate there.
- The average business on the list employees 1,552 people.
To find out more visit: www.exec-appointments.com/article/britains-top-100-entrepreneurs/