Hills Quarry Products’ is celebrating 10 years of supplying quality ready-mixed concrete to customers across central, southern England.
The Swindon based company opened its first concrete plant in October 2005 and soon achieved the industry recognised ‘Quality Scheme for Ready-Mixed Concrete’ (QSRMC) certification.
The modern day business now boasts five state of the art production plants which produced over 166,000m³ of ready-mixed concrete in 2014/15. A fleet of 21 mixer trucks including 20 franchised drivers deliver to a wide variety of customers including those operating in construction; agriculture and civil engineering.
Group director, Peter Andrew, said: “The 10th anniversary is an important milestone for our ready-mixed concrete business. The concerted efforts of a tight-knit team from sales and the office staff, through to the concrete operations and our dedicated franchisee drivers has seen the business thrive in a competitive marketplace. Our shared commitment to give our customers the very best products and service leaves us well placed for further growth.” ENDS
Hills Quarry Products specialises in the production and supply of quarry products and ready-mixed concrete to the construction and agricultural sectors. It is a dynamic regional business which, while centred on Wiltshire, has stretched its boundaries into neighbouring areas to become one of the region’s largest suppliers. Hills Quarry Products is a wholly owned subsidiary of The Hills Group Limited, a privately owned family company established in 1900. www.hills-quarry.co.uk
Hills Quarry Products’ ready-mixed concrete business in numbers:
· In the last full year of trading (2014/15), five production plants supplied 166,000m³ of ready-mixed concrete.
· The modern business operates a fleet of 20 franchised mixers and Quarry Products’ own mixer truck.
· The five concrete plants are located in: Calne, Newbury, Shorncote, Upwood and Woodsford.
Significant projects include:
· Redevelopment of former RAF Lyneham new training School Lyneham
· Waitrose, Malmesbury
· Brewery Square, designed by Terence Conran, Dorchester
· Poundbury, an urban planning development by HRH the prince of Wales, Dorchester
· The Museum of Jurassic Marine Life, Kimmeridge
· Warehouse Extension for Wavin Plastics, Chippenham
· Melksham Rugby Football Club
· Electrical Cable Contract, Aldermaston to Thatcham
· Cirencester Cattle market
· Porsche dealership, Swindon
· North Star College, Swindon
· Redevelopment of Cirencester Town Centre
· New College, Swindon
Photo Above: Hills Quarry Products’ ready-mixed concrete management team (l to r): Peter Andrew, Group Director; Stuart Allen, Commercial Manager and Business Managers Gavin Walton, Stuart Cordy and Terry Newsham.